Quotes I like...from both famous and ordinary people. Say something noteworthy, and you'll make the wall.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Wall
I see you
Beyond the wall I built
To protect me
From one who no longer comes here.
I know he is gone and yet-
I cannot trust enough
To take down what I have built up.
I see you.
You are so close sometimes
That I can nearly reach you.
They say that faith can move mountains
But my faith cannot span the distance
Of this wall.
I long to ask for help
But shudder at the thought of receiving it.
That would bring you too close...
I cannot bear it.
I fight within myself
Where the hurts are deep and I feel powerless...
Gasping for life
Beyond my despair.
Grasping, searching, hoping
For stability where there is none,
For safety within a life
Bereft of it.
I ache to trust you
And grieve that I cannot give you
What I lack.
Help me
To believe you.
To need you.
To love you.
Reach into my prison
And guide me to a place
Where I can see beyond the barriers
I place between us with this wall.
Help me to see you as you are,
Not as the monster I fear you will become.
Help me turn from my past
And reach for joy.
Help me learn how to receive
The love that is already here.
Help me to trust once more
So I can tear down this wall
And touch you.
~ Melanie Boudwin
http://chapteroftheweek.blogspot.com/2011/08/wall.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment