Quotes I like...from both famous and ordinary people. Say something noteworthy, and you'll make the wall.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
How I see math word problems: if you have 4 pencils and I have 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple because aliens don't wear hats. ~ Joy Elliot
As long as you laugh at yourself, you'll always have humor. ~ Joan E. Bast-Hausself
Do trees have sleepovers called lumber parties? ~ Josh Santillan
I don’t use the “stupid” word for any jumps because it makes it sound like the person jumping has no control over it. The skater has the ability to do the jump, the jump has no power over them (although) it might seem like it at the time. A little use of language can go a long way. DS never heard that he could “lose” his axel, so he never did. He couldn’t land it once in a while, but because he didn’t have that mental possibility of it “going away totally”, it wasn’t a big deal. Challenge the mainstream thinking. Who says that kids have to “lose” their axel? If the kid never hears this is standard, they never know it do they?
~ Ice Mom
Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
~ Muhammad Ali
Nothing lasts forever. Will you be my nothing? ~ Unknown
Only once you neared my place,
And your hand one moment's space
Sought the fingers of my hand;
Your eyes flashed to mine; I knew
All was well between us two.
~ Christina Rosetti, ''The Dream''
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment