Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hello, Shrimp. You look delicious. ~ Becky Coalson

Cake without icing is like a day without skating! Unacceptable! ~ Elizabeth Finn

My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it. ~ Barack Obama [Included here for the laughable irony...can't stand the man otherwise.]

Please DO NOT annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harass, heckle, persecute, irk, bully-rag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize, or ruffle the animals. Thank you. ~ Unknown

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
~ Unknown

I don't feel that any particular type of guitar distortion or vocal approach is inherently sinful. ~ Tim Lambesis, lead singer of Christian metal band As I Lay Dying

I don't believe in the Republican party or the Democratic party. I just believe in parties.
~ Samantha

I can't cook worth my life. The only thing that I have ever successfully made in the kitchen is a mess. And several small fires. ~ Diane Consiglio

The poor thinker dashes madly after an answer; the good thinker takes his time and looks at the problem...the good thinker can take his time because he can tolerate uncertainty; he can stand not knowing. The poor thinker can't stand not knowing; it drives him crazy.
~ John Holt

Some people fear complacency; others fear forgetting. Others have only limited space in memory, and the day is overwritten by the events that followed, by war and hurricane and every family's private trials. But the record can't be erased, any more than a year can have 364 days, and anything can bring it back full screen, like a glance at a skyline, a siren in the distance, a prayer that comes as reflex as you walk to work and remember the day they never came home. ~ Nancy Gibbs, in her 9/11 anniversary article

The worst thing that can happen is for sinful people like us to experience no trouble in life. Why? Because we would never seek God.

You see, God gives us enough trouble every day to cause us to turn to Him and to get the grace that is "sufficient" for that day's problems - not tomorrow's problems. If you take things that belong to tomorrow and bring them into today, that is called borrowing trouble.

What is the high cost of borrowed trouble? First, worry pulls tomorrow's clouds over today's sunshine. Secondly, worry steals our strength. Thirdly, worry can produce the very thing that you're worried about. Tomorrow has two handles - fear and faith - and you can take it by either. ~ Adrian Rogers

I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it short." ~ Pascal

Love incarnated is more persuasive than love merely spoken. ~ Jason Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment