People have died for lack of water and food, but no one has ever been known to die for lack of sex, alcohol, or other drugs to fulfill his cravings! ~ Norman Geisler
If I appear great in their eyes, the Lord is most graciously helping me to see how absolutely nothing I am without Him, and helping me to keep little in my own eyes. He does use me. But I am so concerned that He uses me and that it is not of me the work is done. The axe cannot boast of the trees it has cut down. It could do nothing but for the woodsman. He made it, he sharpened it, and he used it. The moment he throws it aside, it becomes only old iron. O that I may never lose sight of this. ~ Samuel Brengle
Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief. You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you. It is easy to say you believe a rope to be strong and sound as long as you are merely using it to cord a box. But suppose you had to hang by that rope over a precipice. Wouldn't you then discover how much you really trusted it? ~ C. S. Lewis
The great equalizer is that you have sin in your life that stinks up to Heaven just as much as the sin in another person's life stinks to you. ~ Becky Priest
Ice skaters could never be foot models, just saying. ~ Jenna Metzger
I would have rather gone to jail for spanking my kids, rather than having one of them going to jail because I didn't. ~ Laura Kunkee
No comments:
Post a Comment