Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First Installment

In no particular order...

It is never too early to prepare for the future. ~ Amy Kuntz

Stop telling God how big your storm is and start telling your storm how big your God is.

If God is not a God who poured out and will pour out His wrath, then Jesus' death was a mistake. ~ Dave Greiner

Jesus was our sin-bearer and wrath-bearer. ~ Dave Greiner

God throws His lighting bolts at His accursed people and Christ Jesus stepped in front of us and took the curse upon Himself. ~ John Calvin

I may not yet be the man I should be, or the man, with Christ's help, I someday will be - but thank God I'm not the man I used to be! ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

God's love for us cannot be based upon our past, because He loved us before we had one. ~ Unknown

Faith means believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse. ~ Philip Yancey

Life isn't fair. Get used to it ~ Mrs. Kline

Live like Jesus really matters, because He is the only thing that really does.
~ Becky Priest

Giving up won't get you out. ~ Vertical Horizon

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily. ~ Guideposts

There is perhaps no one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive. Even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility. ~ Benjamin Franklin

We should never consider pride dead before we are. ~ Craig Brian Larson

It's always worth a try. ~ Carrie Sykes

A face without freckles is like a sky without stars. ~ Kristin Buus

You will become history.... ~ Mr. White

I'll go to bed - if I feel up to it. ~ Natalie Bast

If I had really cared, as I thought I did, about the sorrows of the world, I should not have been so overwhelmed when my own sorrow came. ~ C. S. Lewis

Gratitude is not a response to abundance; it's a choice. ~ Dave Greiner

Until you give as much as He [Jesus] did, you're not done. ~ Allen Priest

No comments:

Post a Comment