Quotes I like...from both famous and ordinary people. Say something noteworthy, and you'll make the wall.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Your teacher can open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
~Chinese proverb
Cower, small mortals,
For I from my balcony
...can't really do much.
An evil haiku for church.
~Lydia Weatherbie
Moves patterns are just like hockey drills, only backwards and in high heels.
~forum user FigureSpins, with apologies to Faith Whittlesey and Ginger Rogers
If you have no concrete steps to accomplish your goal, it’s probably not a goal.
“I wish I could draw.” Pick up a pencil and draw.
“I wish I could take a trip.” Get out a book about budget travel and join an online travel community.
“I wish I had more friends.” Call up some acquaintances and invite them over to bake cookies or play a board game.
“I wish I was in better shape.” Find a buddy who thinks the same thing and commit to exercising together and eating healthier.
“I wish I could write a novel.” Then do it. It’s time-consuming, but if you enjoy it, it’s not that hard.
In anything you want to do, find the first step, and take it. Stop wishing, and start doing.
~ Lisa Barfield
Imagine that the world had no middlemen, no publishers, no bosses, no HR folk, no one telling you what you couldn't do. If you lived in that world, what would you do? Go. Do that. ~ Seth Godin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment