I think I am beginning to understand why grief feels like suspense. It comes from the frustrations of so many impulses that had become habitual. Thought after thought, feeling after feeling, action after action, had...their object. Now their target is gone. I keep on through habit fitting an arrow to the string, then I remember and have to lay the bow down. ~ C. S. Lewis
Go to bed. You're disrupting the entire continent. ~ Becky Priest
...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -- Leonardo de Vinci
The secret of faith that is ready for emergencies is the practical dependence upon God day by day which makes Him real to the believing heart. ~Howard Taylor
He who falls in love with himself will have no rivals. ~ Benjamin Franklin
Two truths cannot be contradictory to each other. ~ C. H. Spurgeon
All of us [girls] are okay without a man...most of us just haven't realized it yet. ~ Kate Dorsey
When you break the rules, the rules don't get broken - you do. ~ Lisa Anne Wiggett
If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing. ~ Anatole France
The alternative to disappointment with God seems to be disappointment without God.
~ Philip Yancey
As long as I'm alive, death is always something that happens to everybody else. ~ Jerry Bast
Truth is always the strongest argument. ~ Sophocles
The higher we soar, the smaller we look to those who cannot fly. -- Frederich Nietzsche
No comments:
Post a Comment